Fondo Ventura is a non-profit civil association founded in Oaxaca City, México, on November 17th 2004, inspired by the work of Professor Ventura López, founder of the bookstore and stationery shop Proveedora Escolar de Oaxaca.
Its aim is the research, promotion and dissemination of literature in all forms of expression, as well as, the protection, conservation, restoration and the recovery of the cultural heritage of mankind.
In 2016 Fondo Ventura won the Prize for Promoting Reading and Writing in Civil Society, awarded by the Ministry of Culture, the Secretariat of Public Education (SEP), the Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI), the National Chamber of Mexican Publishing Industry (CANIEM) and the Mexican Bookstores Association (ALMAC).
To promote improvements in the quality of life for members of Mexican Society, through the design, implementation and promotion of recreational, educational, and social impact projects that allow the individual to expand their options and opportunities. Also, to manage fund raising for infrastructure and financial or material resources to be invested into projects that stimulate the creative potential of the individual, and that contribute to the reconstruction of our social fabric.
Fondo Ventura is an organization that fosters the union and coordination of resources, talent and effort of individuals, organizations and enterprises to improve long-term social welfare.
- Commitment to improve the living conditions of our society.
- Permanency to generate viable and long-term solutions to benefit the collective good.
- Willingness to actively participate in the community’s intellectual and recreational development.
- Honesty to act according to how one thinks and feels.
- Inclusion of diverse ideas, beliefs and social realities that contribute to a more diverse society.
- Respect for human relationships and cultural manifestations.
- Exchange between public, private, national and international entities with whom we share philanthropic interests, as a way to achieve essential objectives.
- Collaboration to promote cultural association as a model of organization in the search for the collective good.
- Enthusiasm to achieve our goals.